Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Bug


Wow, so it's been awhile since I last updated! To start off with, Braxton has officially had his first cold and mom and dad both have already had to take sick days from work! Monday morning, Aug. 28th, Dave went in to get Braxton up and out of his crib and ready for daycare. Let's just say as soon as Dave picked him up little man threw up all over Dave's shirt. So Dave brought him to me and he changed. When I handed Braxton back to dad, he began throwing up again and again. Poor Braxton! He was sick and hot. So Dave changed shirt once again and I got Braxton all cleaned up. I decided that I would stay home with little man. I called and got him an appointment. At the doctor's office they checked him for H1N1 and strep, and both came back negative, so that was good. Braxton just had a bad bug. After we got home, he spent pretty much the whole day sleeping on my chest. He did not want to be put down at all. Which was totally fine with me. All I wanted to do was love on him and make him feel better. We piggy backed Tylenol and Motrin for the next two days to help with his fever. There was a time in there we thought we were going to have to take him to the hospital because we couldn't get his fever to break, but it finally did. Dave took the next day off from work and stayed home with BW. By Wedesday, we both were back at work and Braxton was back at daycare. I would say we are well prepared for the next time the little man gets sick with a supply of Tylenol, Motrin, Pedalyte, and theromoters!!! Let's hope it's not anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment