Friday, April 30, 2010

Sponge Time

My new word for my son is a sponge...let me explain! People are always asking how he is doing and my response is that he is such a sponge! He is at that age where he is taking everything in. Just the other day we went to the grocery store and Braxton was wide eyed and just looking and wanting to touch EVERYTHING!!

Here's is just a little of my conversation with Braxton.
Mommy: Braxton that is a banana. Banana's are yellow. Want to feel the yellow banana peel?
Braxton: (no words yet) feels, laughs, and then tries to eat the banana peel
Mommy: Braxton this is a tomato. Tomatoes are red. Want to touch the red tomato?
Braxton: (no words yet) feels, laughs, and then tries to eat the tomato

Now imagine me doing this throughout our 30 minute trip to the store! It was such an enjoyable time knowing that I was able to help satisfy my son's curiosity about the world around him! We are excited to continue to introduce new and exciting things to our son and know that this is the prime "sponge" time. I am anxiously awaiting summer as I'll be able to be at home with my little guy and watch as he learns throughout this "sponge" stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment