Sunday, January 23, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, BUT not inside




So this week I was very lucky to get dismissed early from school one day, followed by a full snow day the next! Not only that, but I failed to mention we had a snow day the prior week as well. How exciting considering we've yet to have a full week of school since Christmas break! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, but definitely won't pass up any opportunity to spend extra time with my son! So this day and a half was perfect for fun mother and son time!

However, I think the highlight of our snow day was when I was getting dinner ready! Of course, since it was snowing and cold, we had to have chili and cinnamon rolls - definitely a staple for cold, wintry weather. As I had the chili on the stove and cinnamon rolls in the over, I noticed it had been very quite for quite some time. When you have a toddler in the house you know this can mean only one thing - TROUBLE!!! I quickly ran to Braxton's room to find him and the floor covered in baby powder! He had the bottle upside down and was just shaking it like crazy! Hence the day Braxton made it snow inside! Needless to say he got to help clean up the snow and get a bath immediately - dinner of course could wait!!! I'd love to say I got mad and said, "NO, Braxton," but honestly all I could do was laugh and take a picture of the mess!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment