Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Loving Park Time






Braxton is officially a park goer and loves it! :D Now that I am home for the summer this is something that we can do EVERYDAY (minus when it's raining, boo-hoo) and he just loves it! It's amazing to watch how much he has grown just from the first time I took him to the park this summer. He has realized that he has a great LOVE for climbing and climbs any and everything!

He loves the play equipment and has gotten really good at it all EXCEPT the slide. He still doesn't quite understand that he has to sit down and tries to walk (aka run) down the slide. I have to have super mom powers and bounce back and forth from one side of the play equipment to the other - just to save him from an unflattering fall. Thankfully, this has provided my daily exercise this summer. Until my hip (big issues, just not sure what we're going to do) decides to work for me, this will be the only running I'll be doing anytime soon. Tear. Tear.

It's also been enjoyable to meet other moms and dads (YES - there are lots of dads who LOVE to take their children to the park) at the park and to have that adult conversation that I miss so much during the day. We're all pretty good about understanding the sudden need to jump out of a conversation to go rescue our child who is stealing someones ball, sand bucket and shovel - yes these are daily occurrences at any park you go to. And these only name a few! Braxton has also enjoyed this daily interaction with other kids! He's really into "big" kids right now and wants to do what they are doing. I can only laugh when he sees the 8-9 year olds playing tag, and thinks it's okay to join in!

It has also been a joy to to be a witness to others as I'm at the park as well. :D I think that God definitely puts you in places where He wants you to work for the Glory of His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment