Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Momma's Graduation





So it's been awhile and I have lots to catch everyone up on! It's amazing May has come and gone, and I haven't posted one single thing on my blog. Lets just say, it's been rather busy around our house these days! On May 15th, Braxton got to watch him Momma (as he says) get hooded during her Master's hooding ceremony and also got to watch me walk across the stage to receive my diploma. All my hard work was finally done! It was such a huge sigh of relief to walk across the stage and know that my family, my parents, sister and niece were there watching me receive one of my biggest dreams and goals - a Master's degree! Thank you to all of you that provided your love and support to me during this time. I love you always and forever!

On another happier note, as soon as my walk across the stage was completed (oh and a few pictures too) we hightailed it out of there and were on our way to yet another graduation! My nieces!! There was no way we were going to miss her graduation celebration!! I'm sure my parents would have been mighty sad if they could have missed their first granddaughter's graduation - but no need to go there - because we all made it in plenty of time!! I had the plan of attack for our lightening speed trip to Wyneewood down and ready to go! I just had to convince everyone else of my plan! One stop - food, restrooms, you name it - get it done! And it pretty much happened just like that! I am good! Oh, and for the duration of our 6 1/2 hour trip we had a very cheery 5 year old - our niece Chelsea - that rode in the back with Braxton - and wouldn't let her mom ride with us. It was too cute! Chelsea and Braxton were happy campers throughout the trip and definitely kept each other entertained. Good, good times!

We made it to Oklahoma and had the honor of being at Amber's graduation! It was such a grand celebration with all of the people that loved and supported her there. Following her graduation we had a good ole' Odom party! There was lots of food, fun, people, and pictures! Oh, and did I mention cake - UNBELIEVABLE cake! It was oh, so yummy! I might also add, that my niece graduated at 7:30 pm - right at Braxton's bedtime. I was very antsy about how it would all work out - but he did amazing and partied right there with all of us until 11 pm! Let's just say that was the longest he'd been up in a very long time!!

Congratulations to not only myself for reaching a goal of mine, but to my niece Amber! May all of our dreams come true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment