Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mr. Braxton

After going on my marathon post week last week, I realized that I forgot to fill everyone in on all of Braxton's milestones! The past few weeks, our son, has blossomed and has become quite the chatterbox. He just loves to talk and talk and talk! There is definitely not a quite moment in our house, excluding nap times! :-) Braxton's favorite word by all means is dadda! He says dadda all day long and even in the middle of the night when he wakes up for oh - 30 seconds or so - says a few random dadda's and then is out like a light. I think he's just so used to saying dadda, that he's talking in his sleep! We all know that if this is the case, then he definitely gets it from his momma.

Let's see, other words.

Braxton is really good at letting us know when he is finished eating. He'll say done - or something very similar. He is also really good at pointing to our clock in our living room and saying lock (clock). Another favorite of his is uh-uh (uh-oh). This phrase gets used multiple times during breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. When his cup falls to the ground, or food falls to the floor, or he drops something, he's the first to say uh-uh. He's also pretty good at making it a game too! :-)

Another of his favorites is dog. Pretty much every day when we go to the park we see a dog or several. Braxton is quick to say doh (dog) and attempts to escape from my arms to go see the dog. We also have several great neighbors who have dogs and Braxton just loves to pull their tails and hair. We are definitely still working on the gentle part.

And there is also mamma! Braxton typically doesn't say this word much unless he needs help or wants his momma! I think I hear this word the most on the weekend when I'm getting ready in the bathroom and he's with dadda. He is definitely a mamma's boy and doesn't want me out of his sight! He also enjoy saying nana and papa too!

Braxton also has the standard hi and bye down! He just loves to wave at people and anything "new" that catches his eye. In fact this morning at church I believed he waved to the empty chair behind us for about 5 minutes. :D Oh, and he LOVES to laugh and giggle! He's really into the fake laughs right now. I'll pretend to laugh and then he'll laugh and we'll continue this over and over again. Tonight we also had the wheee phrase going over and over. We were on our way home from a softball game and we went over a bump and I was like wheee and then Braxton did it. And so our wheee game continued merrily on until we arrived home.

If I were to guess what his next few words are going to be, I'd have to say up, down, bath, and swing! These are the three words that I say over and over throughout the course of our day together. A few examples. Let's get down. Do you want up? Step up. Step down. Would you like to swing? Time for a bath. :D I will definitely keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment