Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One Little Climber




It's official, Braxton loves to climb! No longer can this little boy be left alone for even a second because if he is, he'll find something to climb!! And even when we are right there with him, when he wants to climb he's going to climb.

For example, this past week we were unloading the dishwasher together, or so I thought. I turned around to put the plates up, and when I turned back around, there was Braxton standing on the door of the dishwasher as proud as ever. Another example, the stove. I went to put Braxton's sippy cup in the refrigerator and next thing I knew, he's standing up on the stove. And yet another example, the coffee table. We're watching the nightly news and next thing we know Braxton is hiking his leg and crawling up on the table. Wow, let's just say this boy of ours is talented, strong, and quick! His love of climbing has also allowed him to experience things from a different view. He'll know climb up on chairs and try to turn and open doorknobs. He'll also climb up on the couch and try to get the clock on the wall - all the while saying lock (aka clock).

So needless to say, nothing in our house is safe right now! I'm just praying that he continues to explore all of these other items (with adult supervision) and not try to climb out of his crib. It's honestly probably one of my worst fears right now as a parent, that's he'll try to climb out and get hurt by falling out. Let's just say that the first time I see him even trying, he's crib is going to be converted to his toddler bed. I'm hoping that day comes later than sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment